Services provided by my dentist in Petaluma, CA
Dr. Jurina Smida loves it when her patients in and around the area of Petaluma, CA call her “my dentist!” She works with patients to help them obtain beautiful, healthy smiles. She is committed to providing a wide range of services with a holistic, biological approach. Below is a small sample of the treatments offered in her state-of-the-art practice:
- Laser and restorative dentistry – Effective treatment is crucial in bringing the smile back to health. With today’s amazing technology, treatments can be performed using laser therapies, which are much less invasive than traditional methods.
- Metal-free treatments and safe amalgam removal – studies have shown consistently the damage silver amalgam fillings can cause due to the high mercury content. Dr. Jurina Smida avoids these types of fillings and improves oral health by replacing them with safer alternatives.
- Temporomandibular joint disorder – this condition, often referred to as TMJ or TMD, is caused by dysfunction in the jaw joint that can cause pain, discomfort, and locking of the jaw. Treatment can be achieved with the use of oral appliance therapy.
- Periodontal treatment – periodontal disease, also known as gum disease, is a condition that can negatively impact the smile. Instead of invasive procedures such as scaling and root planing, laser therapy is used to eliminate the bacteria in the smile and control the condition.
- Invisalign – improving the alignment of the smile is a goal for many of our patients who have imperfections such as crooked or spaced teeth. Invisalign is an alternative to conventional braces and allows patients the chance to address malocclusion in a discreet manner with the use of clear aligner trays.
- Dental crowns – instead of taking days and sometimes weeks for the fabrication and placement of a dental crown, our practice is proud to offer same day dental restorations with our in-office CEREC technology.