Petaluma, CA residents wonder how CEREC treatment differs from traditional crowns
Time, aesthetics, and well being are valued by patients. Located in Petaluma, CA, Dr. Jurina Smida of Dental Care and Wellness of Sonoma County understands the values. As a holistic dentist, she stays up-to-date on technological advances in dentistry while maintaining a focus on the materials that are used and their impact on overall patient health. Dr. Smida uses safe, biocompatible restorations including CEREC treatment for tooth repair.
A dental crown or cap is a protective, dental restoration used to cover a tooth. It may cover a cracked, chipped, or broken tooth or a dental implant. Traditional dental crowns and CEREC crowns differ in the way they are fabricated. Traditional crowns are created by an off-site lab from impressions of your teeth. CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. These crowns are made in the dentist’s office on the same day as your appointment.
The CEREC difference
CEREC crowns bring about a number of advantages to appeal to the patient’s values of convenience, appearance, and dental health.
- Convenience – Placed the same day, patients avoid needing multiple dental appointments or temporary restorations.
- Comfort – The crown is created using digital impressions, a process that is safe and comfortable.
- Aesthetics – CAD technology is used to match the crown to the natural teeth in color, shape, and size. The ceramic material used to create the crown more closely resembles a natural tooth.
- Durable – CEREC restorations are created from a single block of ceramic materials. This makes them sturdy, long-lasting, and less likely to chip.
- Safe – CEREC crowns are metal-free making them safe for patient use.
As a member of the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT), Dr. Smida is committed to protecting patient health and safety. She values her patients and offers treatments such as CEREC restorations to help patients achieve healthy smiles that reflect their overall well being.
Contact Dental Care and Wellness of Sonoma County to schedule your appointment today. (707) 781-8550
Back to CEREC Same Day Crowns Home Page