Patients in Petaluma ask, “What do same day CEREC crowns cost?”
It happened. You chipped your tooth. Dental trauma does not occur on a schedule. When it does, you want to know that your smile can be restored efficiently and effectively. In Petaluma, CA, Dr. Jurina Smida and the professional team at Dental Care and Wellness of Sonoma County offer same day CEREC crowns. CEREC crowns allow dentists to restore and enhance damaged teeth in a cost-effective manner.
Types of crowns
A crown is a protective cap placed over a tooth that has been damaged, a tooth after a root canal, or a dental implant. Traditional crowns and CEREC crowns have the same objective, to restore and protect the tooth and oral cavity. However, the design and creation methods for the two crowns differ. Traditional crowns use manual impressions of the teeth. The impressions and your dentist’s notes are sent to an off-site lab to design and create the crown. A temporary crown may be worn until the permanent crown is finished and ready to be bonded at a later visit.
Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics (CEREC) was developed in 1980 and put into practice in 1985. Using digital impressions, advanced CAD/CAM technology, and an on-site milling machine, your dentist can design and create a natural-looking, sturdy crown during your dental appointment. Digital, rather than manual, impressions are utilized to create a computerized crown design. Your dentist can modify the design to ensure a high quality, natural-looking result. Then, the milling machine creates the crown in minutes. The crown is placed during the same appointment. You can leave the office with your smile restored.
Call us on (707) 781-8550 or schedule an Appointment today.
Cost-effectiveness of CEREC same day crowns
Like any dental procedure, patients may wonder if CEREC same day crowns are worth the cost. The assumption is that same day crowns are expensive because they are created faster. There is usually little difference in the price between traditional and CEREC crowns. An off-site third-party laboratory creates traditional crowns. With CEREC crowns, you do not have the added price of the lab because your restorations are created in the office. CEREC crowns do not just save you the lab fees, but also save you time and extra copays. Only one dental appointment is needed so you do not accrue the expense of additional office visits. You do not have to miss hours or days from work. Some insurance companies help cover the cost of dental restorations. Being aware of your plan’s benefits ahead of time helps ensure there are no surprising costs later.
High-quality ceramic restorations in a timely fashion
Regardless of the type used, a crown is designed to protect and restore your teeth. They maintain the health of your mouth by preventing further damage to the tooth. Your dentist strives to preserve as much of the natural tooth as possible. Dr. Smida provides high quality patient care while protecting your oral health efficiently and effectively. CEREC crowns offer patients quality restorations in a convenient manner.
Advantages of CEREC restorations include:
- Same day – Only needing to visit the dentist once, patients save time, work hours, and money. The crown is created and bonded in a single visit. There is no need to return for later appointments.
- Comfortable and safe – Manual impressions can be uncomfortable and leave a bad taste in your mouth. Digital impressions are safe and are more comfortable than biting into a mold.
- Natural-looking – Using advanced technology produces an aesthetically pleasing restoration. The crown is matched to the natural tooth and adjacent teeth in size, shape, and color.
- Durable – CEREC crowns are created using a single block of quality ceramic material. The ceramic produces a durable crown that looks, feels, and acts as a natural tooth. The crown is sturdy and blends seamlessly with your natural teeth.
- Cost effective – Same day CEREC restorations save patients the expense of laboratory fees. With an in-office milling machine, there is no need for a third-party lab.
- Safe – CEREC restorations are made of ceramic. They are metal-free and biocompatible, making them safe for patients.
Same day CEREC crowns are an efficient way to restore your teeth. For more information on CEREC crowns, contact our office in Petaluma to schedule your appointment. Call (707) 781-8550.